Océ Colorado 1640
Call for Price
The Océ Colorado 1640 sets a new standard in productivity and automation. The latest technology from Canon Oce’ must be seen to be fully comprehended. Call us to discuss what this new technology can do for your business as the most dramatic development in wide format printing in several years….
Océ Colorado 1640
The new Océ Colorado 1640, powered by UVgel technology, will fill the gap between current technologies in the roll-to-roll production market. Print service providers now have a clear choice when it comes to a product that will deliver real production efficiency while lowering their operating costs, enabling them to profitably grow their business. Print volumes have continued to grow in the wide format marketplace for several years now and turnaround times continue to shrink as well. Analysts confirm that more than 40% of production jobs need to be turned around within 24 hours and a majority of those are same-day. That is why Canon Oce’ has developed this technology, allowing our customers to compete in this new market space where there exists no technology that meets the needs of this market space. Speed, Automation, Print Quality and reduced printing costs are the currency of the Colorado 1640, call us to discuss this tremendous new technology!
This product delivers:
- Breakthrough productivity
- Never seen before automation
- Wide and Unique application range
- Low cost of operation
- Robust production platform
Inspiration by design
The Océ Colorado 1640 sets a new standard in industrialization and automation. It features a heavy-duty drawer mechanism that holds up to two rolls of media at one time, each weighing up to 110 lbs. The two rolls can be of the same media type and size or different media, and once initialized, the print engine can switch jobs between rolls without operator assistance.
The UVgel print heads incorporate patented on-the-fly quality assurance control with continuous nozzle monitoring to detect and correct any underperforming nozzles. Canon’s patented nozzle monitoring technology automatically checks all nozzles using acoustic sampling and even detects when nozzles are going to misfire before they actually do.
- A radically new UV curable ink from Canon that bonds instantly on contact with the media, resulting in precise dot placement and area control for consistent high-quality images at high speed.
- UVgel has the large color gamut of solvent inks combined with the environmental benefits and safety profile of latex and UV inks.
- Ultra-thin ink dispersion with almost no discernible physical profile and the lowest ink consumption rate can provide up to a 40 % reduction in printing costs compared to 64” eco-solvent and latex systems.